PEG BuildGreen™ LEED Services
What is LEED®?
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™ encourages and accelerates global adoption of sustainable green building and development practices through the creation and implementation of universally understood and accepted tools and performance criteria.
To Learn more about LEED, visit the US Green Building Council.
PEG BuildGreen LEED Services include:
- LEED®-Administration – This service includes LEED® Project Administrator tasks as outlined on LEED®-Online, including registering the project, setting up Credit Templates for team members, processing credit interpretations, and initiating the design and construction online certification submittals. This scope also includes reviewing construction documents at 30%, 50% and 100% design phases and reviewing team member LEED® submittals.
- LEED®-Guidance – This service includes facilitation of an integrated design approach for the entire design and construction team. This begins with a pre-planning meetings to brainstorm sustainable strategies in the areas of energy, water, indoor air quality, and materials. It continues by facilitating the flow of information between team members and tracking specific responsibilities of team members as the design evolves. During this time, the overall LEED® process is scheduled and milestone dates are established. Also, a LEED® checklist worksheet is developed and used to assign LEED® credits to team members and help the team stay on track with the LEED® process. This scope also includes discipline-specific assistance as follows:
- Contractor LEED® Compliance Assistance includes one training session with the contractor at the start of construction, in addition to ongoing guidance. The training session includes a brief overall presentation of the LEED® process and LEED® goals for the project, followed by specific instruction regarding LEED® points that should be implemented, tracked, or calculated by the contractor:
- Construction waste management
- Materials reuse
- Recycled content
- Regional materials
- Rapidly renewable materials
- Certified wood
- Low-emitting materials
- Construction IAQ management
- Owner LEED® Compliance Assistance includes the following:
- Obtaining pricing for green power
- Guidance for IAQ testing requirements
- Guidance for environmentally preferable cleaning product requirements
- Other Services
- Architectural LEED® Compliance Assistance
- Civil LEED® Compliance Assistance Landscape
- LEED® Compliance Assistance
- Mechanical LEED® Compliance Assistance
- Plumbing LEED® Compliance Assistance
- Electrical LEED® Compliance Assistance
- Energy Modeling
- Water Efficiency Analysis
- LEED® Commissioning