Residential Mechanical Designer
Location: Fairfax, VA
PEG, LLC is in its 20th year as a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental, and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States. PEG specializes in building energy performance, green building program compliance, building diagnostics, environmental and code compliance, thermal performance, HVAC design and operation, and construction defect. These capabilities have enabled PEG to become a leader in the application of national green building standards and demand side energy efficiency protocols. Operating as a design consultant and “boots on the ground” interim and continuous inspection agent, PEG leads the way in verification of effective planning and real-world application of all aspects of sustainable construction. PEG performs at every level of contracting from commercial structures to residential dwellings to charitable endeavors.
Support Director of Design and Residential Design Lead
• Perform and review HVAC load calculations, duct sizing, and system sizing per ACCA Standards
• Provide support to analysis team
• Communicate any auditing areas to Management and provide options for resolution
• Organize scope into major categories to outline deliverables and milestones
• Determine primary time table for deliverables
• Modify critical paths based on prevailing conditions
• Develop workarounds to overcome obstacles in the critical path
• Integrate, review, and validate critical relationships with primary parties
• Receive and understand client constraints
• Able to modify and adjust to software – Manual J Software, AutoCAD, Wrightsoft-Wrightdraw, RESCheck, REMrate
• Manage and control all data through Excel and SharePoint
• Interface with Operations, Owners, and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
• Advanced Proficiency in Excel/SharePoint
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Efficient Time Management Skills
• Effective Interpersonal Skills
• Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills
• Ability to read/write/comprehend technical instructions
Education and/or Experience:
• BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Coursework should include but is not limited to the following: Thermodynamics, Fluids, HVAC, Material Science, and Circuits.
• EIT is NOT required but salary incentive will be offered to those who obtain it.
• AutoCAD or REVIT experience during college is a PLUS.
• Extensive understanding of geometry and math (helpful)
• 0 to 1 year of relevant work experience in mechanical engineering including house framing, home mechanical systems, blueprints, and/or general carpentry.
• Training will be provided and is required for this position.