Fairfax, VA – March 28, 2016 – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recognized PEG, LLC with a 2016 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Home Energy Rater Award for its outstanding efforts to bring more energy-efficient homes to market. PEG’s accomplishments will be recognized in Washington, D.C. on April 13, 2016.
PEG, an ENERGY STAR partner since 2007, will be honored for
their commitment to excellence in delivery of ENERGY STAR for new Homes energy rating services, advanced MEP design, high performance home construction and sales training and building information modeling.
“PEG truly values our partnership with ENERGY STAR,” said Matthew Cooper, Senior Vice President of PEG.” It’s exciting to see the impact we’ve made through our unique advanced team approach to solving the participatory and compliance challenges that home builders in 22 states and 6 climate zones are faced with and we remain committed to continuing our work to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and protect the environment while at the same time making high performance home construction and ownership become the norm for tens of thousands of US households.”
Since its inception in 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners have helped prevent a total of more than 2.4 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions. In 2014 alone, ENERGY STAR and its partners provided more than $11 billion in societal benefits due to reducing damages from climate change.
“This award recognizes PEG’s leadership in rating ENERGY STAR certified homes that save energy, save money, and reduce our nation’s greenhouse gas emissions that drive climate change,” said EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy. “By verifying that homes are constructed to ENERGY STAR requirements, PEG gives homebuyers invaluable peace of mind.”
ENERGY STAR has 16,000 partners working to protect the environment through greater energy efficiency, including manufacturers, retailers, public schools, hospitals, real estate companies, and home builders.
For a complete list of 2016 winners and more information about ENERGY STAR’s awards program, visit www.energystar.gov/awardwinners.
About PEG, LLC
PEG |Fairfax, Virginia
PEG is a dynamic engineering and environmental consulting firm with headquarters located in Fairfax, Virginia. PEG provides MEP engineering design, Building Information Modeling and third-party program implementation for programs such as ENERGY STAR® to residential and commercial builders. PEG has been a participant in the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program for more than nine years and has been an advocate for the program due to its continuous improvement and commitment to staying ahead of current codes. It is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its contribution to rating ENERGY STAR certified homes. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
• Certifying more than 13,000 homes as ENERGY STAR in 2015 for a cumulative total of more than 52,000 homes since 2009.
• Developing an average of 80 unique Manual J load calculations per day, 20 BIM models and an average of 15 unique residential MEP systems per week for clients in climate zones 1-5.
• Scheduling and performing an average of more than 250 inspections/tests per day in 22 states for more than 75 builder clients, including ENERGY STAR partners.
• Conducting more than 30 day-long ENERGY STAR / Building Science training sessions for more than 500 home builder and trade partner representatives.
• Continuously revising and delivering a series of webinar training sessions for more than 1,000 home builders, trade partners, and Home Energy Raters.
• Utilizing advanced BIM programs to conduct more than 500 VE models for residential builders to compare various building technologies and assess cost-benefit analysis.
About ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR® is the simple choice for energy efficiency. For more than 20 years, people across America have looked to EPA’s ENERGY STAR program for guidance on how to save energy, save money, and protect the environment. Behind each blue label is a product, building, or home that is independently certified to use less energy and cause fewer of the emissions that contribute to climate change. Today, ENERGY STAR is the most widely recognized symbol for energy efficiency in the world, helping families and businesses save $362 billion on utility bills, while reducing greenhouse gas emissions by more than 2.4 billion metric tons since 1992. Join the millions who are already making a difference at energystar.gov.
Please visit the following link to view PEG’s recognition from the EPA: